The Development Coordinator leads the activities of the Development Department at Museo de las Americas, including donor and member relations, corporate sponsorship, fundraising campaigns, and special events. The Development Coordinator manages efforts for developing and implementing new fundraising strategies to increase revenue sources for Museo de las Americas. The Development Coordinator reports to and works closely with the Executive Director to implement fundraising strategies.
– Develop and implement comprehensive donor program including annual fundraising campaigns and stewardship plans for retention and acquisition of donors.
– Secure corporate sponsorship for Museo’s annual exhibitions, educational programming, and special events.
– Maintain donor database; record and track donor and member data, campaign details, and event information.
– Manage the planning and implementation of special fundraising events.
– Coordinate and send all individual donor correspondence and acknowledgements.
– Research and identify diverse sources of funding and develop, implement, and evaluate strategies to increase revenue.
– Lead Development Committee meetings and provide input for institutional policy decisions around overall fundraising strategies and initiatives.
– Complete data recording and reports of donors, members, sponsors, event revenue, and other funding streams and present monthly development report to the Executive Director.
– Work closely with PR and Marketing Coordinator to develop marketing strategies for fundraising efforts and campaigns.
– Work closely with Guest Services to devise and implement innovative membership strategies to target new and renewing members.
– Communicate with community partners and represent the organization during partnership meetings
– Education: Bachelor’s Degree (required) or Masters degree (preferred) from an accredited university or college in organizational development, business, or public administration.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills with diverse populations.
– Knowledge and experience with data entry systems and reporting.
– Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook, and ability to use various databases.
Skills and abilities
– Strong strategic and critical thinking skills related to the field of fundraising.
– Experience with eTapestry or CRM/donor databases.
– Ability to multi-task and to work simultaneously in different avenues to bring resources to the institution.
– Ability to work some weekends and evenings as needed.
– Attention to detail, project management skills, and being highly organized a must.
– Strong knowledge of museum best practices, services, and programing desirable.
Minimum 2-3 years experience in development and fundraising or sales
Hours and Salary
Part-time position (24 hours/week). Schedule flexibility. The financial compensation will be disclosed at the time of interview.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 17th, 2017.It is the policy of Museo de las Americas to prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, political service, affiliation or disability.