Volunteer! Practice Spanish! Have fun networking in Latino arts and culture! Museo de las Americas is looking for exceptional volunteers and interns! We are in need of passionate people who are willing to learn about Museo and make a positive difference in the community. Many opportunities are available from now through the end of the year. Our volunteers and Interns choose to work on a regular basis as staff assistants in all areas of Museo (from docents, art installation, collections and business), or work for specific events at nights and on weekends. We provide training, education credit, customized opportunities to your skills and schedule, great learning experiences and exciting event participation.
Volunteer and Intern Requirements:
1) Love people
2) Good customer service skills
3) 90 day commitment
4) A willingness to learn
Volunteer and Intern Benefits: Membership: After completion of twenty volunteer hours, each volunteer is eligible to receive a complimentary individual membership with Museo. Volunteer Party: A party is held annually to honor the Museo volunteers. This party expresses Museo’s appreciation of our volunteers. Invitations are sent to each volunteer notifying them of the date. Class Credit: Museo de las Americas will work with students to provide them with class credit for their internship. Letter of Recommendation: Museo de las Americas will provide a letter of recommendation for volunteers whom have completed twenty hours of service and have scored high on their evaluation.
- The opportunity to go behind the scenes of a working museum and spend time with the museums invited guest artists and our unique exhibitions
- Practice Spanish
- Meet artists, attend lectures, symposiums and other events
- Meet and work with a diverse and fun group of people who love Latin America
- Receive valuable experience within the field of museums from a variety of professional opportunities
- Get involved in a dynamic organization
- Access to free tea/coffee/food when available while working at the Museo.
- Learn basic computer and office skills
- Learn about different cultures
- Work with authentic artifacts and folk art objects
- A letter of reference from the volunteer program coordinator, stating the length of service and contribution made the to museum